Custom T-shirts are hugely popular products with all manner of uses, from novelty gifts to sports club branding to custom clothing for business retreats. If you run a WooCommerce store that stocks T-shirts, you’ll benefit from offering custom T-shirt designs.
The option to add customization can help you increase conversions and create a better user experience for your store, as you’ll be giving customers the ability to create exactly what they’re looking for. In fact, a study by Deloitte found that one in three consumers interested in personalized products feel that standard products do not meet their expectations. By offering customization and personalization options in your WooCommerce store, therefore, you can stand out from the crowd and help to bring in customers who want more bespoke products.
Currently, WooCommerce doesn’t offer support for custom T-shirt designs – to add this functionality, you’ll need a plugin. Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll look at some of the best WooCommerce custom T-shirt designer plugins available in 2023, and what makes them great choices for adding custom design functionality to your online store.
What makes a good custom T-shirt designer plugin?
Before we dive into our list of the best custom T-shirt designer plugins for 2023, let’s take a look at some of the criteria that we’ll use to decide which of these plugins will provide the most value to your online T-shirt store. As a minimum, you’ll want a plugin that checks the following boxes:
- Flexible customization options
- Appealing display options
- Easy to use
- Compatibility beyond T-shirts
We’ll take a look at each of these criteria in a little more detail next.
Flexible customization options
Effectively, we believe the best custom T-shirt design tools for WordPress and WooCommerce let customers create the perfect product for their needs. These tools enable the configuration of many design options, including color and size customization, options to add text and images, and much more. The more flexible a plugin is, the more options it presents to the user, improving their ability to customize!
Appealing display options
Customers will want an indication of how their custom T-shirts will look before they purchase them. So, having tools that display all the customization options and add-ons in an appealing way is incredibly important. In essence, the best plugins will help customers get a clearer view of what something looks like before they make a purchase.
Ease of use
Usability and the user experience are both crucial when dealing with T-shirt designer plugins for WooCommerce. Custom products can influence sales and boost conversions on your site, but only when the design and ordering process is user-friendly. A tool that’s hard to configure and lacks basic functionality will be difficult for customers to use. Thus, you run the risk of them abandoning their carts before they get to the checkout because the design process is too complex or stressful. Choosing a plugin that’s easy to use is critical to prevent this issue from arising.
Compatibility beyond T-shirts
Most eCommerce stores that sell custom apparel don’t want to be limited to just T-shirts. As such, finding a WooCommerce or WordPress plugin that lets you offer a plethora of different customizable products is a big bonus!
The best custom T-shirt designer plugins for WooCommerce in 2023
Taking all of the above into consideration, we will now look at some of the best custom T-shirt designer plugins available for WooCommerce in 2023. Alongside the criteria we’ve already gone over, we’ll also take any unique features and the pricing of each plugin into account.
Product Manager Add-Ons
First up, we have Product Manager Add-Ons from BizSwoop, one of the most comprehensive WooCommerce product add-ons plugins on the market. It offers a flexible, easy-to-use solution for any eCommerce store owners who want to offer a variety of custom products in their online stores. There’s a simplicity to the plugin that makes it accessible to anyone – you don’t need any technical skills or coding knowledge to create powerful add-ons or customization options for your WooCommerce products. Plus, it boasts a variety of excellent features that you won’t find with other WooCommerce product designer plugins.
- A wide array of add-on options – Product Manager Add-Ons allows you to create bespoke add-on and customization options for your WooCommerce store using a variety of different input field types. This includes checkboxes, radio buttons, and the option to add text or upload images – both of which are crucial if you want to offer custom T-shirt designs. The scope of the customization options is almost limitless, meaning you can develop all kinds of custom products, not just T-shirts.
- A straightforward interface – The plugin is easy to use for both store owners and customers. You can group add-ons together for a fully bespoke product customization experience, and add and remove add-on options in just a few minutes. The entire interface is designed in a way that makes it easy to understand and intuitive for both store owners and customers to use.
- Intuitive display options – The flexibility of the add-on options available with Product Manager Add-ons doesn’t stop at functionality – there is also a wide range of display options you can use to improve the user experience and make your products stand out to customers. You can add swatches to your T-shirt customization options to show customers the full-color palette available, or include thumbnail images to give a visual display of different designs/add-on options. Plus, you’re able to display customization options only on the relevant product pages by assigning them to specific products/categories. Alternatively, there’s the option to display add-ons or upsell products in the cart or checkout page to boost revenue from each sale.
- Offer customization options in-store – Omnichannel store owners will love Product Manager Add-Ons as it integrates perfectly with WooCommerce POS systems. The plugin works especially well with its sister plugin, Jovvie, enabling you to offer the same product customization features to any in-store customers.
Product Manager Add-Ons is currently available from $49/year with a 14-day money-back guarantee. This plugin is a versatile choice for any WooCommerce store looking to offer customizable products to their customers.
Fancy Product Designer
Fancy Product Designer is another WooCommerce product designer plugin that offers an array of options designed to let customers customize products exactly as they want them. It’s not limited to just T-shirts, meaning you can use this tool to work with many different custom products.
- Add custom images and text easily from sources – Images can be added via upload, social media, and more, while text can be added using custom, system, or Google fonts.
- Flexible design window display – Fancy Product Designer offers a great design window display, letting you replace the product image or place the design window elsewhere on the product page. You can even configure it to open in a separate window
- Compatibility with multiple platforms – Alongside its WooCommerce compatibility, this plugin can be used with other platforms, including WordPress, Shopify, and other popular options.
Fancy Product Designer is available to download for $69/year, but certain features require premium add-ons at an extra cost. The main advantage of this plugin is its visual display – the design window offers customers a helpful preview of how their custom products will look. However, it lacks the flexibility of Product Manager Add-ons when it comes to creating bespoke product customization options. To get the best of both worlds and offer the ultimate experience to customers, store owners may therefore want to consider combining the two plugins.
Allada Custom T-Shirt Designer
Next, we have Allada Custom T-Shirt Designer, which is slightly different from the other WooCommerce plugins on our list. Unfortunately, this tool only offers support for custom T-shirt designs; it will not work with other products. So, if you are looking to offer a range of custom apparel, this probably isn’t the right plugin for you. Nevertheless, it’s on our list as it does offer some great features that are very useful if custom T-shirts are all you care about.
- Built for user experience – Allada is strictly built for a better shopping experience. It has a range of tools you can configure to offer an excellent user experience on your eCommerce store. This includes the option to save designs for a later date, as well as support for bulk and team orders.
- Advanced text formatting options – The plugin provides over 600 different fonts thanks to Google Fonts integration, but you can also add your own custom fonts if you want. Both open and true-type fonts are supported, and you’re able to use tools like rotate, align, and resize to get your text in the perfect spot.
- Add artwork to your custom T-shirt designs – By using Allada’s ClipArt library or your own custom files, you can add artwork to your T-shirts to create entirely unique designs.
Allada’s pricing starts from $61/year. The plugin offers great support for custom T-shirt design, but if you are looking to offer a range of custom apparel, you’ll need to consider an alternative solution.
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Ultimate
Last on our list, but by no means least, is WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Ultimate from Plugin Republic, which is similar to Product Manager Add-Ons in that you can add custom add-ons to products using various input fields. It also comes with a range of other features to help boost the experience for your customers and increase sales.
- Create custom add-ons – WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Ultimate offers 16 different input field types to let you create an array of custom add-ons for each product.
- Use conditional logic to only show certain add-on fields – Conditional logic lets you display specific fields based on which previous options a customer has selected, helping to create a smoother ordering experience.
- Display your add-on fields in groups – Similar to Product Manager Add-ons, this plugin allows you to display your different product add-ons in structured groups, creating a more intuitive customization experience for your customers.
WooCommerce Product Add-Ons Ultimate is available for $69/year. Extra functionality comes at a premium cost, with the Pro version available for $119/year. Similarly to Product Manager Add-ons, this plugin offers a powerful feature set to enable you to offer your customers a wide range of customization options, but comes in at a slightly higher price point.
Boost your conversions with a WooCommerce custom T-shirt designer plugin
Custom T-shirts are popular in a wide range of cases. They’re great merchandise options for businesses, sports clubs, and other organizations, but they also make great novelty gifts or clothing for one-off events like bachelor parties.
Offering the option to create custom T-shirts and other custom apparel on your WooCommerce store can help customers to find exactly what they are looking for, improving the overall customer experience and driving more conversions your way.
Of all the custom T-shirt designer plugins for WooCommerce, Product Manager Add-Ons is the best option. It offers a wide variety of add-on options, giving limitless customization for your customers. There are many intuitive and appealing display options to choose from, and you can even offer your custom products across multiple channels by pairing the plugin with Jovvie or another WooCommerce POS system. And, compared to the other plugins on the list, it’s easily the most cost-effective and affordable tool based on the features you get for the price.
Try Product Manager Add-ons today for only $49/year – it even comes with a 14-day money-back guarantee.